Contact us to book this course
Capability Building at The PSC
020 3965 2033
"The most useful training I've received in my career."
3 days, in-person or virtual
Delivering Fast Effective Projects (FEP) focuses on applying problem structuring and project management tools to support fast and effective project delivery in public services. Suitable for policy and delivery professionals alike, participants learn and practise a range of structured tools and approaches to navigate demanding project environments and achieve results.
Our facilitators are all experienced consultants at The PSC who use these tools and approaches on a daily basis with their public service clients.
The course is highly interactive, and covers the following modules:
- Module 1 – Launching the project
- Module 2 – Structuring the problem & planning the work
- Module 3 – Engaging stakeholders
- Module 4 – Developing hypotheses
- Module 5 – Gathering data & conducting analysis
- Module 6 – Gathering data & interviewing
- Module 7 – Using continous improvement methods (Plan-Do-Study-Act)
- Module 8 – Appraising options & carrying out modelling
- Module 9 – Developing insight & making recommendations
- Module 10 – Implementing the project
- Module 11 – Communicating recommendations & closing the project
This course can be supplemented by a follow-up mentoring programme which supports participants to practically apply the tools and approaches in their day-to-day work - and to help other colleagues do the same.
You can find further details about the individual modules and course materials below.