Our development and learning opportunities make The PSC the best preparation for your future career in leadership in public services.
We offer market leading training, meritocratic progression, and high-quality client work that provides real public value and sustainable impact.
United by the belief that public services are the key to a stronger society, if you choose to join The PSC, you will enjoy collaborative problem solving alongside talented, motivated colleagues. You'll also have the chance to make a real impact on the direction of The PSC and help to build a different kind of business.
What’s the role like?
As an experienced hire, expect to join a project straight away and quickly get up to speed with sector or functional skills that may be new to you. We expect our consultants to work autonomously, managing their own work and other client team members, and prioritise a range of demands. You’ll be a great people person who can work effectively with a wide range of team members, client staff and service users.
Skills and experience we are looking for:
- Analytical mindset
- Self-starting personality type
- Friendly and collaborative approach which helps our clients achieve lasting change
- Track record of problem-solving and impact, through roles in consultancy, public services or industry
- Interest in public services
We are also interested in experience you have of:
- Strategic problem-solving methodologies
- Continuous improvement methodologies
- Project and programme management
- Change management and influencing skills
- Using analytical tools such as R, Python, PowerBI and Excel
Is The PSC right for you?Learn more
Grow your career with us.
Make an impact in the NHS, healthcare, the public sector, government and beyond.
Our eight-week paid summer internships are aimed at penultimate year students, offering the chance to experience public services consulting.
We value the broad experience of our freelance associates.
At The PSC, we avoid a one-size-fits-all approach to development.
We offer visa sponsorship for permanent positions.
Is The PSC the right place for you?